Quick Storm Preparation Tips
- Check roof drains and down spouts to make sure they are clear of debris.
- Keep children away from creeks and large drains which can be deadly during storms.
- Keep leaves and yard trimmings out of storm drains and gutters.
- Don't forget your pets, and don’t forget to pick up pet waste to prevent water pollution.
- Turn off automatic sprinklers.
- Don't store hazardous materials in areas that may be subject to flooding.
- Store emergency supplies (first aid kit, essential medicines, cash, food, non-electric can opener, portable battery-operated radio, flashlights and spare batteries) in air-tight bags and in handy locations.
- Keep your car fueled. If electric power is cut off, filling stations may not be able to operate.
Emergency Phone Numbers
|San Mateo County Department of Public Works Emergency Line (24 Hours)||(650) 363-4100|
|San Mateo County Department of Public Works (Monday-Friday 8am - 5pm)||(650) 363-4100|
|San Mateo County Office of Emergency Services (OES)||(650) 363-4790|
|California Office of Emergency Services||(916) 464-1013|
|To report downed wires or power lines, a power outage, a gas leak or other related emergency, call PG&E||(800) 743-5000 OR 911|
|Red Cross Disaster Services||(650) 259-1750|