Back to Top
Noise Abatement Procedures (Half Moon Bay Airport)
Please Use Common Sense and be Considerate to Airport Neighbors
- No intersection takeoffs.
- No turns until reaching 500' MSL.
- Reduce power/rpm as soon as safe and practical.
- Pattern work, especially touch-and-goes, is discouraged at night and on weekend and holiday mornings.
- No stop and goes.
- Fly Right Traffic for Runway 30 and Left Traffic for Runway 12.
- Avoid flying over Seton-Coastside Hospital, located just North of the airport.
- Maintain pattern altitude (1000' MSL) until necessary to descend for landing.
- Avoid flying over homes whenever possible.
- No straight-in arrivals.
- Arrivals from the west fly overhead the airport at or above 1,500 MSL; continue outbound until clear of the traffic pattern and make a normal 45° entry into the downwind leg at 1000' MSL.
- Aircraft over 12,500 pounds prohibited without prior approval from the airport manager.
- Use common sense and be considerate to airport neighbors.
**Most aircraft noise is generated by propeller tip noise. This is especially true when propeller tip speeds approach supersonic speeds. Even a small reduction of 100 to 200 RPM can produce a significant decrease in noise levels.