Surveying Research Resources

Online Research

Survey and Subdivision Maps - View / download / print all of the maps that were available in the previous GIS

Video Instructions for the new online research site

Maps not filed for recording - An index of maps in County archives occasionally mentioned in older deeds

External Resources

San Mateo County Genealogical Society - The SMCGS has some land-related records in their databases.

On Site Research

The following records are not available online at this time but can be researched on-site at the Public Works Office:

  • Vertical Benchmarks
  • Field Books
  • Right-of-Way Maps
  • Miscellaneous Records

8:00am to 4:30pm

555 County Center, 5th Floor
Redwood City, CA 94063

Please note: All survey research must be performed by the surveyor / engineer. Public Works staff is only available to assist in locating the types of records to be researched and in reproducing maps and field books. We cannot take phone or email requests to research the above mentioned records.